We’re getting calls from people looking for supports in the community for things like grocery shopping/delivery, etc. during COVID as many individuals are immuno-compromised. Therefore, we are compiling a list of supports for people during COVID-19.
Feel free to share it with anyone or let me know if you have any we should add to the list as we will update this frequently.
(SEAFAN is not responsible for any changes that may occur to the information we have posted. We are simply compiling and sharing information as we get it from members in the community.)
Did you know that:
- There is another Facebook group called Med Hat Quaran-team that also is linking volunteers with people in need.
- Everything Redcliff is where people post various things, but recently there have been people posting offering help with picking up and delivering and other services. The grocery store in Redcliff will deliver and has a table set up just at the front where people can go pick up a couple of grocery items at no cost.
- There is a Facebook group ” YXH COVID-19 volunteers Medicine Hat” where a lot of people post information about changes in store policies and delivery options. Many people offering help to those who need support as well. Some good mentoring going on in this group.
- Rush Deliveries (403-458-2645) provides same-day delivery
- Instacart will deliver from superstore, its usually a two day wait
- Most grocery stores have recently waived their click and collect fee and no minimum purchase required.
- IGA has also started doing deliveries as well.
- Most pharmacies also offer delivery services.
Grocery Store Delivery Services
Safeway: The store can arrange delivery to residence using a local delivery service to deliver groceries purchased by the customer in the store. Cost is $ 10.
Co-op: Phone the store before 12 noon with name & phone number. Staff will call back when there are more staff in the store to pull the order. Order is delivered the next morning, 7 days a week. $ 10 for delivery minimum of $ 35 of groceries.
Sobey’s: Orders can be phoned in Monday-Friday before 11 am for next day delivery. Friday’s orders will be sent out on Monday. No delivery on weekend or holidays. Cost is $ 11 for 4 boxes, then price increases from there. Delivery Line Phone number is: 403-504- 5732.
Superstore: Orders can be placed online using Click and Collect. There is a fee of $3 – $5 (depending on your pick-up time). You set up and account and order online. Pay be credit, debit, cash or gift card. Arrive at your PC Express pickup location any time during your selected time slot to collect your order.
Save-on-Foods: Orders can be placed online. You can place your order to have pick-up at store or home delivery within the city of Medicine Hat. First order is free, with all following orders coting $ 4.95 with a minimum of a $ 40 order. Orders need to be placed before 10am if you wan it same day delivery.
Government of Alberta Question & Answers
Click to the link for Weekly Q/A on COVID-19: For disability service providers
Visit alberta.ca/COVID19 for up-to-date information