The South Alberta FASD Network Society together with the South East Alberta FASD Network Society is seeking a full time Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Instructional Coach for an 8 month contract to serve schools in the South and South East regions of Alberta. This is specifically Region 7 and will equally cover 10 school districts, with the possibility of renewal at the end of the contract.
The FASD Instructional Coach is a frontline community worker who is knowledgeable about FASD, inclusive education, and is skilled at facilitating teacher collaboration and sharing FASD-informed practices. The FASD Instructional Coach facilitates ongoing professional development for teachers and education staff, and models and supports the use of FASD-informed instructional practices with educators, contributing to the school authority and provincial goals for student success and meeting the diverse learning needs of students with FASD. The FASD Instructional Coach helps to facilitate change and is a driver of capacity enhancement and teamwork. Their goal is to facilitate professional learning in the field of FASD, including FASD-informed instructional and classroom strategies, and to improve school staff knowledge and student engagement. Their work helps to promote the creation of positive and supportive learning environments. As learning leaders, FASD Instructional Coaches continue to gain knowledge about emerging trends and research based FASD instructional practices. While the tasks of the FASD Instructional Coaches will vary depending on the school authority and the needs of the school community, contributions will include:
Qualifications and Work Experience
The following are recommended competencies and are viewed as a continuum of training and experiences:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience working with children, youth and families impacted by FASD.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Alberta education system and FASD Service Network Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of FASD-informed instructional approaches and resources that meet the diverse needs of students with FASD.
- Demonstrated cross cultural understanding and ability to adapt FASD practices and access resources to meet the varied needs of students, staff, and families.
- Skilled collaborator with strong interpersonal/ communication skills who can develop open and trusting relationships with teachers.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning.
- Committed to lifelong learning, actively investigating innovative evidence based instructional practices.
Ability to work from home as majority of contract can be delivered remotely; candidate must reside in Alberta.
Contract amount based on education and experience $ 63,520.00.
The successful candidates will be responsible for their applicable tax deductions.
Travel, supplies, equipment, and other related costs will all be taken from this contract amount.
This is a contracted position with supervision provided by the Network Coordinator of the South East Alberta FASD Network.
How to Apply
Applications accepted until suitable candidate has been found
Submit cover letter and resume directly to Network Coordinator and contract supervisor,
Myrna Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the contracts can also be directed to this email address.